Giesbach Falls (Giessbachfälle)

Giessbach  Falls (Giessbachfälle) are lovely waterfalls located at the southern shore of beautiful Lake Brienz in Bernese Oberland. I’ve spotted this lovely waterfalls on one of my previous trips to this region, passing it by on the boat. They were so beautiful and majestic, I wished to return to this place. On a gloomy winter day in February my wish came true. I’ve returned to the Giessbach Falls and experienced the falls from the different angle.

In February, when my husband and were heading home from Grindelwald, we spontaneously decided to stop by the Giessbach Falls for a walk. We followed the directions on our navigation which took us to the small public parking space nearby the Grand Hotel Giessbach. We left our car there and walked to the waterfalls.

The Giessbach Falls tumble down in many cascades from a height of 400 meters. In the winter-time they didn’t have much water and they were much less impressive than I remembered. In spite of that, they were lovely.

Since the 19th century there has been a footpath that leads to and under the waterfall. We walked this path and enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of this place.

Nearby the waterfalls, app. 100 meters above the Lake Brienz, historic Grand Hotel Giessbach was built in the late 19th century. Because the hotel was according to the information on the internet closed and we were already a bit tired, we didn’t walk to it. We’ve only admired it from the distance.

The Grand Hotel Giessbach

After a lovely walk around the area, we left Giessbach Falls, determined to return in on a warmer day in spring or summer.

linkybadge

2,202 thoughts on “Giesbach Falls (Giessbachfälle)

1. Gracefully Global says:

How gorgeous! I don’t think I would have had the energy to brave the cold to do the walk to see these falls during the winter. So impressed you did it, and hope you can return again soon!

2. Sebastijan Videc says:

Southern part of the lake (and up towards Meiringen) is full of waterfalls. One of them was supposed to be, where Sherlock Holmes died – There’s a Holmes statue and museum in Meiringen village.

3. pottyadventures says:

We’re big waterfall fan and this one is lovely. It may not have been at its full splendour during your winter visit but it sill looks like a gorgeous place to walk. Thanks for joining us on #adventurecalling . I hope you can tomorrow when it opens again.

4. TheHelpfulHiker says:

I love waterfalls, they are so beautiful and that view of the hotel is gorgeous. I’ love to walk along that path under the waterfall! Hopefully next time there will be more water flowing over the falls. Thanks for sharing with us #AdventureCalling

5. instagram takipçi satın al says:

Global Gerçek İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al
    Hem gerçek hem de kalıcı sosyal medya takipçisine ulaşmak oldukça zordur.

Bu sayı 10 bin olduğunda çok daha zordur.
    Takip2018 uzman ekip üyeleri tarafından sağlanan gerçek ve kalıcı takipçiler ile sosyal
    medya hesabınız kısa sürede Keşfet sayfasında yerini alabilir.

Siz de İnstagram takipçi satın al kategorisinde yer alan 10 bin yurt içi ve yurt dışı takipçinin yer aldığı
    paketimizi tercih edebilirsiniz.
    o halde takip2018 ile hiç düşünmeden sende instagram takipçi satın al

6. zovre lioptor says:

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a great job with this. In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Internet explorer. Exceptional Blog!