Alpabfahrt Kerns 2016

Every autumn ceremonial descent of the herds from the summer pastures in the mountains take place all across the Alps. This festivities are in Switzerland known as Alpabfahrt, Alpabzug or Desalpe. Few weeks ago, I’ve visited one of those events: Alpabfahrt in Kerns village in Zentral Switzerland.

The day of Alpabfahrt is the day of celebration. Another summer season of hard work has come to an end. Farmers march their cows, goats and/or sheep down from the top of the mountains through the village to the winter pastures in the valley. After all the animals are safe and sound in the valley, the day of drinking and eating follows.

I was surprised by the number of people that gathered to witness the Kerns Alpabfahrt. I didn’t expect this event to be so popular. Especially because on the same day Alpabfahrt events were held in many other villages all across Switzerland and Kerns not the most famous village in the region.

After our arrival to Kerns my husband and I found our place in the crowd and waited for the cows to appear. While waiting we’d treated ourselves with delicious raclette-sandwich at one of many stalls selling food, drinks and local products. We also bought a slice of the delicious cheese that was made on the mountain from the milk of one of the herds participating the procession.

When cows appeared, they were super lovely with their large bells and head dresses made from flowers and flags. But how lovely this old traditions is, looking at the procession I asked myself how animal friendly it is. Some of the cows looked rather stressed. Considering they spent past few months living in quiet and peace of the mountains and on that particular day they were not only forced to leave their home environment, but were also pushed into a situation where they had to face the large crowd of unknown people on the streets. I wonder if that isn’t too much stress for some of the animals to handle.

Despite my concerns regarding the welfare of the animals I am glad I’ve attended the Alpabfahrt. Experiencing the atmosphere of this event was definitely memorable experience that gave me better insight into the traditions of the region I am living in.

4,558 thoughts on “Alpabfahrt Kerns 2016

• Urska @ Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Thank you dear! It is the very first video I’ve ever made and I’m super happy to hear you like it! 🙂

• Urska @ Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Indeed it was. 🙂 I don’t know. When you meet cows up in the mountains, they doesn’t seem to be bothered by the bells, but I’m not sure how comfortable are they when they have to carry them all the way down to the valley.

• Urska @ Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Hehe, my husband and I wanted to attend Alpabfahrt since we moved to Switzerland, but in previous years we missed it. This year I had to put it in my calendar in order not to forget it. 🙂

1. laurenonlocation says:

I love local festivals like this! SO interesting and gives you such a nice inside look at local life. When I lived in Spain there were always crazy things like this going on. I did always worry about the animals though…

• Urska - Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

I couldn’t agree more. Those festivals can give you so much insight to the local life and traditions. I’ve never attended any of the festivals in Spain, but I’ve heard a lot about them from my friends from Spain. 🙂

2. Isabel says:

So lovely, I first found out about these festivals on some Netflix documentary, about a chef in France. I guess most Alps countries have this tradition. It is so quirky, but so fun! Preserving the culture and heritage 🙂

• Urska - Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Yes, I agree! There are similar festivals in Slovenia too – for example in Bohinj. I’ve never been to any of them, but I think they are similar to that one in Kerns I attended.

3. vanbrune says:

Awww Swiss cows are so cute 😀 And they don’t seem stressed at all though I totally get your concerns. The crowds and noise aren’t exactly natural cow environment 😉

• Urska - Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Yeees, they are such a cute creatures. 🙂 Most of the cows wasn’t stressed, but few were. Not many, but enough for me to notice. 😉

4. gidrasajt4afnimb says:

gidrasajt4af.com представляет из себя ресурс, что придуман для поставщиков серых товаров и сервисов. Похожую продукцию низзя взять в традиционном магазине, поскольку это нелегально.

5. leke kremi al says:

A person necessarily help to make significantly posts I’d state.
    This is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now?
    I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular post amazing.
    Wonderful activity!

6. gidrasteer_com_nimb says:

Для Вашей анонимности наша команда придумали этот портал на котором Вы постоянно сможете иметь доступ к магазину торговой площадки hydraruzxpnew4af . Взять ссылку на hydra и неопасно сделать приобретение можно на страницах нашего ресурса. В интернет сети веб легко повстречать мошенников и прохлопать личные средства.

7. hyrdaruzxpnew4afo_com_nimb says:

hydraruzxpnew4af com представляет из себя портал, что предназначен для дилеров теневых товаров и сервисов. Такого типа продукцию сложно купить в простом магазине, так как это неправомерно.

8. hyrdasockets_com_nimb says:

Для Вашей анонимности наша команда разработали данный интернет-портал на котором Вы ежедневно сможете иметь доступ к магазину торговой площадки hydraruzxpnew4af online . Найти ссылку на hydra и беспалевно сделать покупку возможно на страницах нашего сайта. В глобальной сети онлайн нередко наткнуться на фишинг и просрать деньги.

9. hyrdaruzxpnew4afon_com_nimb says:

Для совершения шопинга на гидре гидра ссылка hydraruzxpnew4af наш вэб-портал в любой день посещают немало клиентов. Для поиска проверенной ссылки, надо тыкнуть на кнопку и спокойно совершить заказ, а в случае если Вы в первый раз перешли на ресурс перед заказом закладки желательно авторизоваться и пополнить баланс. Ваша защищенность наша важная обязанность, которую мы с удовольствием выполняем.

10. gidrasajt4af_com_nimb says:

гидра ссылка hydraruzxpnew4af — большой подпольный сайт в СНГ сегменте. Ежемесячно маркет используют в районе 1 млн человек! Подобный прогресс ресурса не есть совпадением, ресурс завоевал крутое доверие людей как безопасный и нормальный магазин. У гидры самый продвинутый сервис сравнительно остальных ресурсов подобной ниши, функционирует постоянно исправно и круглосуточно. Любые намерения заблокировать магазин вмиг исправляются способом выпуска сайта-шлюза.

11. hydraleto_com_nimb says:

Для реализации шопинга на Hydra onion hydraruzxpnew4af onion orders этот ресурс в любой момент посещают немало посетителей. Для поиска проверенной гиперссылки, нужно тыкнуть на кнопку и беспалевно совершить заказ, а в случае если Вы в 1-ый раз зашли на маркет перед покупкой закладки надо создать аккаунт и пополнить баланс. Ваша безопасность наша важнейшая задача, которую мы с честью исполняем.

12. Mariowaw says:

Содержание Лекарственные препараты, как правило пероральные ингибиторы фосфодиэстеразы (см. таблицу Пероральные ингибиторы фосфодиэстеразы 5-го типа для лечения эректильной дисфункции) Вы оставляете заявку на сайте или по телефону Какие лекарственные средства из Китая (из тех, что производятся именно на территории Китая, а не лепятся здесь из сырья) официально зарегистрированы в России? Иногда можно использовать лечение от импотенции в домашних условиях. Существует несколько весьма интересных методов, которые помогают избавиться от сексуального бессилия. https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/members/g6xblkv405.html таблетки для потенции без побочных эффектов Эффективные средства повышения потенции К счастью не все потеряно, потому что мази для повышения потенции и гели способны помочь любому мужчине. Это отличная альтернатива таблетке и часто более надежная. Они способны показать более быстрый результат, а использование кремов и гелей не вызывает трудностей. Петра Мерлина ул, д.20 Виагра является отличным решением только для мужчин с запущенной эректильной дисфункцией или невосприимчивостью к другим эректильным стимуляторам. В остальных случаях Magic Pills рекомендует обратить внимание на другие лекарственные средства этой категории.

13. covid-19 thailand says:

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my
    comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

14. Метод семейных расстановок по Берту Хеллингеру says:

Bert Hellinger. Метод семейных расстановок по Берту Хеллингеру Духовные расстановки.
    Новые семейные расстановки.

Системно-семейные расстановки.
    Структурные расстановки. Метод семейных расстановок по
    Берту Хеллингеру.

15. trony says:

Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. Simtars Popular Categories Marinette is not dealing well with the changes that comes with being declared a Lady of the Court and all of the watchful eyes that come with that. Her friends are prospering, enjoying their lives in the land of plenty that is the United State of Auradon while she feels like she’s drowning in a lake of confusion. She feels like a bird in a gilded cage and more than anything, she wants to be free – no matter what that may take. https://imparteti-painea.ro/forum/profile/teshadesatg190/ Stream games from your PC to your Recalbox! Small enough to fit on any desk so you can game where and when you want. The compact form factor frees up desk space so you can have all your peripherals and more. Games will not be deleted from your hard drive until you delete them, even if they have been removed from the Xbox Game Pass library. However, once a game leaves the Xbox Game Pass library, you will need to purchase a digital copy from the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store, insert a disc, or obtain another form of entitlement to continue playing the game.

16. bk8vn.com says:

I believe everybody went like Ones New website, reason being things like this site without doubt has a article on quality. I loved read A New content. go on To remain a useful article, I will avail Once more by One additional time. Bless you.

17. Dia Kirsh says:

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it 😉 I may return once again since I book marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.|

18. Roderick Murray says:

Hi there, I do think your web site could be having browser compatibility problems. When I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Other than that, excellent website!|

19. Monique Flever says:

naturally like your website but you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to tell the truth however I will surely come again again.|