Trip to Seychelles: Overview

Do you know that feeling when you just got back home from the amazing trip and you wish to book another ticket and return back to where just came from. Well, I do. My birthday trip to Seychelles was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I want to book another ticket and go straight away.

Anse Source D’Argent

14 days in Seychelles were enough to see and experience many things this tropical paradise has to offer: we swam and snorkelled at some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, we saw countless number of colourful fishes, we swam with the turtles, we hiked, we cycled, we pet giant tortoises, we’ve visited the prehistoric tropical forrest, etc.

Giant tortoise at La Digue

ITINERARY:

Day 1 & 2:

We travelled from Zürich airport to Seychelles with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul. We arrived to Seychelles in early hours of the next day. For the first two days we’ve stayed at the largest island of the Seychelles archipelago – at Mahe. After we’ve arrived to our hotel at the west coast of the island, we spent the rest of the day resting and relaxing at the beautiful Anse Barbarons (Barbarons Beach).

Anse Barbarons

Day 3:

Second day at Seychelles was similar to the first one – dedicated to relaxation at the beach. We’ve spent the morning swimming, snorkelling, and relaxing at Anse Barbarons. In the afternoon we left our hotel and went exploring. We walked to the beach Grand Anse where we’d chilled for a bit before we returned back to our hotel and spend the rest of the day at Anse Barbarons.

Some of the fishes at Anse Barbarons

Day 4:

After a quick jump into the ocean at Anse Barbarons in the morning, it was time to pack the bags and leave this lovely place. We checked out of our hotel and took a taxi to the capital of Seychelles Victoria. At its port we caught the ferry to La Digue – the third largest inhabited island of the Seychelles. After we arrived to the port of La Digue, we were greeted by the owner of our accomodation who took us to the guesthouse where we’ve spent next four nights.

One of two ferries to La Digue

Day 5:

On our first morning at La Digue, we’ve rented bikes and we went exploring the island. Our first stop was L’Union Estate – a former coconut plantation now turned to tourist attraction. We’ve explored the estate before we went to the famous beach Anse Source D’Argent. There, we found our spot in the shade of the palm trees and enjoy the scenic beauty of this place. After few hours we left and went exploring the rest of the island. We cycled to beaches Anse Severe and Anse Patates where we made a short stop for snorkelling. Then we continued our cycling tour following the scenic road past the beautiful beaches Anse Gaulettes, Anse Grosse Roche, Anse Banane all the way to Anse Fourmis where the road ended. We returned back to our guest-house the same way.

Anse Source D’Argent

Day 6:

On the sixth day of our trip, I turned 30. I decided to spend my birthday at the beautiful beach Anse Cocos. To get there we had to cycle to the beach Grand Anse. There we’ve parked our bikes and hiked to Anse Cosos via beach Petit Anse. We’ve spent our day at Anse Cocos swimming and relaxing. In the afternoon we hiked the same path back to the Grand Anse, picked up our bikes and cycled back to our guesthouse. After we’ve talked to our families via Skype, we went for a Birthday dinner to the Italian restaurant nearby.

My Birthday Beach: Anse Cocos

Day 7:

The seventh day of our trip was to me the best day of our trip to Seychelles. We went on a snorkelling trip to Grande Soeur (aka. Big Sister Island) and Félicité islands. We didn’t only see plenty of colourful fishes and corals, but we also swam with the turtles! After we returned back to La Digue, we went to the Anse Source D’Argent where we saw the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever witnessed.

Swimming with the turtles was unforgettable experience

Day 8:

On our last day on La Digue we went hiking to the top of La Digue – Nid d’Aigle. After hike, we returned to our guesthouse, took a our luggage and then we caught our ferry to the island of Praslin – the second largest island of the Seychelles. After we’ve checked-in to our hotel, we went for a long walk on the beach Grand Anse.

View from Nid d’Aigle

Day 9:

On the ninth day on Seychelles, we went to visit Vallée de Mai, Seychelles’ UNESCO World Heritage site well-known for its well preserved palm forrest – the only place where unique Coco de Mer palms can be found. After a stroll through the “Garden of Eden”, we returned back to our hotel and spent the rest of the day relaxing at the Grand Anse beach.

Coco de Mer palm tree at Vallée de Mai

Day 10:

Tenth day was the day we went to visit famous beach Anse Lazio. Unfortunately, the weather turned bad that day – the sky was covered with tick layer of clouds and few times during the day it started to rain. But that didn’t ruin our day. We still had a lot of fun swimming and snorkelling. In the afternoon, we returned back to Grand Anse via scenic eastern road.

Anse Lazio

Day 11:

The gloomy weather didn’t last long. In the morning sun came out and we decided to visit another beautiful beach called Anse Georgette. Our hotel kindly made all the arrangement with the Lemuria resort and we were able to walk through the hotel grounds to the beach where we’d spend the day enjoying the sun and the ocean.

Beautiful Anse Georgette

Day 12:

Our time at Praslin island had come to an end. After the last morning stroll along lovely Grand Anse, we left our hotel and took the ferry back to island of Mahe. Our basis for the next two days was Anse Royale at the East coast of the island. After we’ve checked-in to our apartment, we went to nearby Anse Parnel where we spent the rest of the day at the beach.

Morning stroll at Grand Anse

Day 13:

On the thirteenth day of our trip we drove to the capital of Seychelles Victoria. We strolled around the town and visited all the main attractions. After we did the last souvenir-shopping, we hit the road and drove the scenic road via San Soucis to the west side of the island, then we followed the road in direction of South. We stopped at the stunningly beautiful beach Anse Intendance for a swim in a clear turquoise water. Refreshened, we drove back to the East coast, to the Takamaka Rum Distilery where we’ve sampled the delicious rum that is produced there. Then we drove back to the Anse Parnel and spend the afternoon there. Soon it was time to return back to our apartment where we’ve spent our last evening packing.

Takamaka Rum Distilery

Day 14:

Because our flight to Europe was scheduled at 7am, we had to wake up very early in the morning. While driving to to the airport, we’ve witnessed the most amazing sunset. It was a great farewell from this tropical paradise. With slight delay, we’ve boarded the plane and flew back to Europe.

Anse Intendance

3,561 thoughts on “Trip to Seychelles: Overview

1. Pooja @lostinprettyeurope says:

Oh wow such a lovely birthday retreat! 🙂 What a fun itinerary. What other ways to escape cold European winter than to escape to a beautiful tropical paradise! The water looks amazing. I am sure you are missing the place now! I also swam with sea turtles this past Feb in Sri Lanka for the first time in my life: it was a fantastic experience. 🙂

• Urska - Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Oh yes, it was the best birthday ever. The water was such an amazing colours and full of fishes and other sea life. To swim with the sea turtles was fantastic experience for me too. 🙂 Yes, I do miss Seychelles – especially now when Switzerland is all foggy, cold and grey. I haven’t seen the sun since I got back from Seychelles. 🙁

2. California Globetrotter says:

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! I’ve never considered going here before but it certainly looks beautiful! And yes, I do know that feeling of wanting to book an immediate trip back again somewhere! Belgium is that way for me! #WanderfulWednesday

3. Marcella ~ WhatAWonderfulWorld says:

So beautiful! Especially that clear water which looks particularly tempting in the heat I am currently experiencing here in Santiago. And yes, I can definitely relate to those holidays where you get home and want to head their again, straight away.

4. Kat @anaussieinsf says:

Oh wow, I thought Maui was beautiful but this looks spectacular. You’ll need to head back for your next birthday! Those rocks at Anse Source D’Argent are something special. #WanderfulWednesday

5. Sara says:

WOW!! You got to swim with turtles!! That’s so cool!!!!! I love the natural scenery of the place…. I’d love to visit!! What a fantastically special way to spend your birthday, especially for two weeks!!

6. Hetika Shah says:

I went there for my honeymoon, a completely unconventional one and loved every bit of it. Unfortunately we only had 4 days so couldn’t explore much, but man this place is heaven. So glad you could visit so many islands!

7. Wherejogoes says:

Seychelles have been on my wishlist since I was a child. It looks beautiful – just as I imagine it. I love snorkelling, beaches and admiring the palm trees so this is the destination for me! #FarawayFiles

8. katy@untoldmorsels says:

ooh what a treat! Seychelles pics are everywhere but you’ve shown there’s so much more to do than gaze out at pristine tropical seas. I love the Anse Source D’Argent. Thanks for sharing on #FarawayFiles

• Urska - Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Indeed, the best birthday treat a girl could have. 🙂
      Anse Source D’Argent is definitely one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. It’s not perfect for swimming though.
      A pleasure, as always. Thanks for hosting #FarawayFiles

9. Clare Thomson says:

Wow! That is some birthday treat. Those beaches look incredible. I’ve always wanted to visit the Seychelles and you’ve shown me exactly what I’m missing. Wish I was snorkelling in that sea right now! Thanks for sharing on #FarawayFiles

10. Lisa Marie says:

Wow, you’re really lucky being able to spend your birthday on the Seychelles! I really really hope to make it there sometime soon. Also your guide is great, saving your post for later reference. 🙂 #WanderfulWednesday

11. Cynthia says:

I’ve been hearing so much about Seychelles and it seems like one of the top tropical spots in the world – and ohhh man, two weeks there seems like a perfect vacation! Glad you had such a fun time. I would love to go and hopefully one day I will, but the distance does put me off a little bit. Then again, the Caribbean (my preferred tropical locale) isn’t so close to everything either, so (shrug).

• Urska - Slovenian Girl Abroad says:

Hehe, I feel you. Distances from Europe to overseas destinations can really be off-putting. I find the travel time to Seychelles bearable. We flew there from Zürich via Istanbul and it wasn’t that bad. It was definitely worth spending all the hours on the plane, because Seychelles truly are tropical paradise. 🙂

12. Juliette S says:

Oh this looks heavenly! I would love to visit the Seychelles. Especially for the snorkelling and scuba diving – it sounds like my kind of adventure! Those beaches look fabulous. I miss sipping on fresh coconuts each day when I lived in Fiji. Lovely photos.

13. seychellesadventure says:

While I live on Mahe my husband and I spent our first of many weekend trips together on LaDigue in Dec ’16. What a small world to think we may have passed by you two on our bicycles! We stayed at LeRepaire which I’m guessing is the Italian restaurant you are referring to. LaDigue is definitely magical!

14. Lydia C. Lee says:

I really want to go there – it’s such a long way – and as expensive to get to as Europe. so Europe always seems to win. I think about trying to get there on the way home. Hopefully one day – you pictures are so enticing #Weeklypostcard

15. Deborah Regen says:

Everyone says how beautiful it is in the Seychelles, but to actually be there must be something else! I can imagine how gorgeous that sunset must be. And swimming with sea turtles! Love.

16. Anisa says:

Gorgeous! What a lovely place to spend your birthday. I would love to visit the Seychelles, that water just looks amazing. Thanks for sharing on #TheWeeklyPostcard.

17. travelsewhere says:

Birthday trip to the Seychelles sounds like a dream! Everywhere looks so beautiful and it seems like you had plenty of things to do there. Hiking, swimming, beaches – sounds great! #TheWeeklyPostcard

18. hey says:

Taxi moto line
    128 Rue la Boétie
    75008 Paris
    +33 6 51 612 712

Taxi moto paris

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This paragraph
    posted at this site is actually nice.

19. ucuz takipçi says:

Instagram ucuz takipçi almak işe yarar mı?

Her alanda olduğu gibi Instagram takipçi alma seçenekleri arasında ucuz
    takipçiler satılmaktadır,
    Maalesef ki ucuz takipçi size
    Takip2018de olabilmesi sizin profilinizi kirletmeyecek kadar
    olan paketler bulundurur.

Kesinlikle sadece satış yapmak için ucuz takipçi satmamaktadır.

Bot takipçiler yada hemen düşecek takipçi bulundurmazlar.

Sizin paranızı çöp etmezler

20. Madelaine says:

I’m not sure why but this website is loading very slow
    for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my
    end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

21. Mariowaw says:

Полноценные интимные отношения являются самым коротким путем к долголетию и здоровой жизни. Для поддержания и лечения половой дисфункции и повышения либидо существуют древние средства, которые эффективно действовали многие века, позволяя мужчинам не испытывать определенных проблем и чувствовать себя уверенно. Смещенный центр тяжести — это шарики внутри, при движении они ударяются о стенки, создают вибрацию, и заставляют мышцы сокращаться. И вот тут важный нюанс, здесь крутая вибрация, она ощущается внутри. А то бывает так, что в руках шарики грохочут, как бешеные, а внутри вибрацию не чувствуешь. Тут всё, как положено. http://caidencshw976421.link4blogs.com/24910940/ Они использовали сотни рецептов и другие эффективные народные средства, которые успешно возвращали мужскую силу без использования вредных химических компонентов. Есть ряд натуральных продуктов и процедур, которые помогут достичь усиления потенции у мужчин, такие как: Лицензия на осуществление фармацевтической деятельности № ЛО-77-02-010669 Оглавление Заполните форму для консультации и заказа травы для повышения потенции в аптеках. Оператор уточнит у вас все детали и мы отправим ваш заказ. Через 1-10 дней вы получите посылку и оплатите её при получении.

22. Lolitywoopy0545 says:

XEvil – the best captcha solver tool with unlimited number of solutions, without thread number limits and highest precision!
    XEvil 5.0 support more than 12.000 types of image-captcha, included ReCaptcha, Google captcha, Yandex captcha, Microsoft captcha, Steam captcha, SolveMedia, ReCaptcha-2 and (YES!!!) ReCaptcha-3 too.

1.) Flexibly: you can adjust logic for unstandard captchas
    2.) Easy: just start XEvil, press 1 button – and it’s will automatically accept captchas from your application or script
    3.) Fast: 0,01 seconds for simple captchas, about 20..40 seconds for ReCaptcha-2, and about 5…8 seconds for ReCaptcha-3

You can use XEvil with any SEO/SMM software, any parser of password-checker, any analytics application, or any custom script:
    XEvil support most of well-known anti-captcha services API: 2Captcha.com, RuCaptcha.Com, AntiGate (Anti-Captcha), DeathByCaptcha, etc.

Interested? Just search in Google “XEvil” for more info
    You read this – then it works! ;))

Regards, Lolitowoopy3543

XEvil.Net

23. Lolitewoopy5876 says:

1.) Flexibly: you can adjust logic for unstandard captchas

XEvil support most of well-known anti-captcha services API: 2Captcha, RuCaptcha.Com, AntiGate.com (Anti-Captcha.com), DeathByCaptcha, etc.

Interested? Just search in Google “XEvil” for more info
    You read this – then it works! ;)))

Regards, Lolitawoopy0375

XEvil.Net

24. Lolitawoopy4733 says:

1.) Flexibly: you can adjust logic for unstandard captchas

XEvil support most of well-known anti-captcha services API: 2Captcha.com, RuCaptcha.Com, AntiGate.com (Anti-Captcha.com), DeathByCaptcha, etc.

Interested? Just search in Google “XEvil” for more info
    You read this – then it works! 😉

Regards, Lolitawoopy8407

XEvil.Net

25. Lolitewoopy8540 says:

1.) Flexibly: you can adjust logic for unstandard captchas

XEvil support most of well-known anti-captcha services API: 2Captcha, RuCaptcha, AntiGate (Anti-Captcha), DeathByCaptcha, etc.

Interested? Just search in Google “XEvil” for more info
    You read this – then it works! ;)))

Regards, Lolitawoopy2836

XEvil.Net

26. juidify says:

Lue arvostelut ja poimi talteen uuden pelaajan edut. Uudet nettikasinot on valikoitu huolella, joten listalla on ainoastaan laadukkaita ja turvallisia sivustoja. Uusien kasinoiden lisaksi listaamme kuukausittain top 20 parhaat nettikasinot. Kiivaan kisan seuraus oli pelaajien kannalta riemukas: uudet nettikasinot alkoivat houkutella pelaajia toinen toistaan paremmilla kasinobonuksilla. Aluksi jaettiin hulvattomasti jopa ilmaista rahaa, mutta kun se osoittautui liiketoiminnallisesti huonoksi ideaksi, vanhat ja uudet kasinot loivat bonuksilleen kierratysvaatimukset ja muut niista saatavaa hyotya rajoittavat ehdot. Vuosikymmenen loppupuoliskolla kehitettiin ja lanseerattiin myos ilmaiskierrokset. https://www.prophysiotherapy.in/community/profile/jolenefitzsimmo/ Ilmaista Pelirahaa Syyskuu 2020 – Online hedelmäpeli Bonukset ja casinot Kaikki slotteja pelanneet ovat varmasti tormanneet suosittuun free spins -toimintoon. Slottien freespinnit ovat lahes jokaisen pelin suola, jota kaikki kiekkoja pyoraytellessa tavoittelevat. Free spins -toiminto on kuin eraanlainen bonuspeli, jolloin pelia saa pelata ilmaiseksi. Se tarkoittaa, etta kaikki sen aikana ansaitut varat kerryttavat pelikassaa taysin ilmaiseksi. Kaikki slotteja pelanneet ovat varmasti tormanneet suosittuun free spins -toimintoon. Slottien freespinnit ovat lahes jokaisen pelin suola, jota kaikki kiekkoja pyoraytellessa tavoittelevat. Free spins -toiminto on kuin eraanlainen bonuspeli, jolloin pelia saa pelata ilmaiseksi. Se tarkoittaa, etta kaikki sen aikana ansaitut varat kerryttavat pelikassaa taysin ilmaiseksi.

27. trony says:

At first glance, chess might not seem like a game that many kids could play. When thinking about online chess for kids, many parents would struggle to figure out how and where to even begin, since the game is notoriously complex. However, when thinking that young children also learn to play musical instruments or dance starting from an early age, it can be easy to see how starting chess can certainly work. https://raliai.com/community/profile/juanitafalls01/ We are sorry but the game is no longer available. Now at this time, I was getting better at gaming. But just one year after the release of Super Mario Bros. 3, the Super Nintendo launched with Super Mario Bros. World. This 1991 platformer was more colorful and vibrant, thanks to the SNES’s improved hardware. As soon as I saw it, I had a hard time going back to Super Mario Bros. 3.